Protecting Your Privacy
Paragon Tax is committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of your personal information. We believe that you should know about the information we collect, the measures we take to safeguard it, and the situations in which we might share information with select business partners.
Safeguards to Protect Privacy and Information Security
We have implemented security standards and processes including physical, electronic and procedural safeguards. We limit access to customer information to employees, registered representatives, investment advisor representatives or agents who may need it to do their job. These individuals are required to respect the confidentiality of your personal information and understand their duty to safeguard it.
How We Collect Information
We collect personal information about you in order to conduct business with you. The information we collect varies depending on the products or services you request. Some of the sources of this information are as follows:
- Information provided in personal interviews or on application and related forms when you apply for products or services. You may provide name, address, Social Security number, birth date, income, financial status, and employment information as well as information about your accounts with others.
- Identification and account information from your employer benefit plan sponsor, or association regarding any group product or services we may provide.
- Information we obtain from others. This may include your claims reports, demographic and/or medical records, if applicable to your product or service, credit reports/history and similar data.
- Information we obtain through our transactions and experience with you. This includes your claims history, payment and investment records, and account values and balances.
How We Share Information
In the course of doing business we may share information with others. This could include personal information about you. Personal information may be shared with others for the following reasons:
- We may be required by law or regulation to disclose information to third parties – for example, in response to a subpoena; to prevent fraud; to comply with the rules of or inquiries from government agencies or other industry regulators or for other legal purposes.
- With unaffiliated third parties (such as mutual fund companies, insurance companies or other product sponsors) and vendors (such as consumer reporting agencies, software developers or consulting firms) that service your accounts or that perform services on our behalf.
- We may disclose your information to other financial services companies with whom we may have joint marketing agreement (such as banks, credit unions, trust companies, insurance companies). These companies are obligated to keep your personal information confidential and use the information only for the services allowed by applicable law.
- We may share your information with our affiliated companies as permitted by law.
Policy Relating to Former Customers
Other Important Information
Other than what is described in this notice, we will not share information about you with third parties to market products to you, unless we notify you about it first and receive your permission. We do not sell or disclose your personal information to unaffiliated third-party marketing companies. Our privacy practices comply with all applicable laws.